Here are my gouache sketching supplies:
- Dirty Palette. Just a vintage metal pan thing I found at an antique shop – I love it! And yes I leave it dirty for the most part – the old mixes are invaluable to me!
- Sketchbook. This is a Derwent black page sketchbook – I love black pages to paint on – the colors really pop!
- Gouache paints. Holbein. Colors: White, Lemon Yellow, Primary Yellow, Yellow Ochre, Permanent Magenta, Flame Red, Primary Cyan, Ultramarine Light, Burnt Umber, Primary Black. (brown and blacks mixed with yellow make amazing greens!)
- Water bottle – this is one of those light mist ones – I LOVE it!
- Viva paper towels – no other will do
- Water and water container
- Any paint brushes you like to use. These are Winsor & Newton Series 150, Silver Ruby Satin 2500S Round, Daniel Smith Pure Squirrel 1.